Important Risk Warning
- Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The value of investments, unit prices and income distribution may go down or up, and the investor may not get back the original sum invested. Past performance of a fund should not be taken as indicative of its future performance. In a worst case scenario, the value of fund may worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested (and in an extreme case could be worth nothing).
- The investment returns, repayment of capital and distribution payouts are not guaranteed. Investors and potential investors must not solely rely on the content in this website to make investment decisions. Investors are advised to read carefully and understand the contents of prospectus and consider the general risk factors associated with investing in unit trusts in addition to other specific risks uniquely associated with the fund. All the relevant risk factors are set out in the relevant prospectus for the fund.
- Before you make any investment decision, you may wish to engage or speak to your relationship manager to understand more about any investment product. You are advised to carefully consider whether the investment product is suitable for you.
- Unit Trusts are NOT protected by Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (“PIDM”).
What are Unit Trusts?
Unit trusts pool the resources of investors into one large fund, which is then divided into shares, or ‘units’. Unit trusts are managed by professional fund managers and have varying levels of risk and return.
Whether you are making your first investment, or adding an investment to your portfolio, at HSBC you can choose from a range of funds to match your attitude to risk and investment goals
How to invest
Why invest in Unit Trusts?
- Spreading your riskYour investment is spread across a diverse portfolio.
- Professional managementFund managers whose expertise is working for you.
- Access to worldwide marketsYour money can be invested in overseas markets.
- Invest at your own paceBegin with a lump sum investment or progressively build your portfolio with monthly contribution.
Why is diversification important
- Minimises the risk of lossTo your overall investment portfolio by reducing potential volatility.
- Allows you to explore more opportunities for returnBy spreading your investments to different asset classes.
- Protects you against adverse market cyclesAnd unexpected market crisis like what we have experienced with COVID-19.
Ways to invest in Unit Trusts
Unit Trusts enable investors to diversify their investments into different markets and investment instruments such as equities, bonds, securities, currencies and warrants/derivatives. If you would like to enjoy the benefit of diversification with unit trusts investment, you can invest a lump sum amount or set up a monthly investment plan.
Stay informed with the latest wealth insights
HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad 198401015221 (127776-V).
1 HSBC Bank Unit Trust Diversification 2020 Promotion (“Promotion”) Terms and Conditions apply. Promotion Period: 3 August 2020 until 30 November 2020. This promotion is open to new and existing HSBC Bank Premier customers during the Promotion Period. Eligible Customer(s) will enjoy a Front End Load of 1.5% when they subscribe into Multi-Asset Funds or PAS Funds distributed by HSBC Bank, provided that Eligible Customer(s) subscribes into: a) any one or more Multi-Asset Funds; or b) any one or more PAS funds after completing the Wealth Planning journey with their Relationship Managers. The FEL of 1.5% is only applicable to lump sum cash investments. Investments using funds from the Employees Provident Fund (“EPF”) or via Monthly Investment Plan (MIP) shall not be included in this Promotion.
This material has not been reviewed by the Securities Commission (SC).