Reducing Term Assurance
- A Reducing Sum Assured is payable in the event of Death and Total & Permanent Disability (TPD)
- Coverage/Protection during construction period (up to 5 years) for Home Financing
- Flexibility to pay your regular premium via monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or yearly mode
Apply in branch
Find your nearest HSBC branch to apply.
- You are required to assign the policy to HSBC Bank in order to facilitate settlement of the loan/ financing in the event of Death or TPD.
- This Plan shall not cover death due to suicide within twelve (12) months from the Issue Date or any Reinstatement Date of the policy, whichever is later. If death is due to suicide within twelve (12) months, this policy shall become void and we shall refund the premium paid without interest under this policy to the Policy Owner.
- The Total and Permanent Disability benefit will only be payable provided that the Life Insured continues to become permanently and totally disabled for at least six (6) consecutive months.
- The policy term for this plan is inclusive of the construction period, if applicable.
- The Reducing Sum Assured payable may or may not be sufficient to pay off the total outstanding loan amount due to interest rate fluctuations and/or if the borrower defaults on his/her monthly repayments. Borrowers must ensure that the sum assured is sufficient to cover the total outstanding loan amount from time to time.
This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the Policy Contract for the complete terms and conditions of this plan.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad (Company no. 127776-V) (“HSBC Bank”). HSBC’s Reducing Term Assurance is underwritten by Allianz Life Insurance Malaysia Berhad (Company no.104248-X) (“Allianz Life”) and HSBC Bank is the intermediary in distributing this Plan.